Reports to: Extension and Milk Procurement Manager
Direct Reports: None
Job Summary: The Field Coordinator will help in planning, organizing, and coordinating field operations involving milk collection, chilling, and transportation to the main milk plant in Busunju and related tasks as per agreed JESA Farm dairy limited guidelines/provisions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that testing of raw milk, grading, chilling, transportation and maintaining hygienic conditions at the Milk Collection Centers (MCCs) and Bulk Collection Centre (BCC) is conducted in conformity to the ISO Standards. Maintain that only raw milk of acceptable ISO quality/company standards is ferried to the bcc & received by the BCC Manager.
- Create and update competitors’ profile clearly highlighting their names, cooler capacities, milk quantities received, price per liter of raw milk paid to farmers and the competitor’s market for the raw milk they collect on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with the Extension and Milk Procurement manager on the sensitization of farmers on Clean Milk Production and Productivity enhancement besides addressing any technical problems that you may encounter.
- Responsible for the safe custody of the company property and reporting any breakdowns that may occur. Control and monitor wastages/losses of milk solids within benchmark and reconciling on day-to-day basis the milk purchased and dispatched to the Busunju plant.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports of the findings and action taken and submitting the same to the immediate supervisor. Coordinate with the Milk Procurement and Extension Manager and make sure that milk is lifted from the MCCs/BCC on day-to-day basis.
- As a representative of JESA Farm dairy Limited, ensuring harmonious relationship between JESA Farm Dairy Limited, farmers and the public within your area
- Scout and recommend to the Milk Procurement and Extension Manager areas with milk potential for the establishment of new MCCs or pick-up points in your area.
- Work with BCC In-charge/BCC Manager to identify milk tanker routes to be used when lifting milk from the MCCs.
- Monitor capacity utilization of milk coolers by MCCs and report the finding in the weekly reports to the immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that MCCs/BCCs maintain and update all the relevant records that they are expected to keep.
- Maintain that all MCCs prepare and send the invoices for the milk supplied in the period (1 – 15) and (16 – 30/31) to Busunju plant on the last day of the period.
- Monitor and report on MCC/BCC equipment inefficiency to your immediate supervisor as soon as it has been reported by the MCC. Maintain that MCCs receive SAP quality reports from the BCC for all the milk they have supplied to the BCC daily.
- Maintain that the MCCs/BCCs always have adequate stocks of all the necessary consumable requirements and equipment.
- Follow up the Tax, electricity and water bills of the BCC and ensure that they are immediately sent to Busunju for processing of payment.
- Maintain that service charges from outsourced agencies are billed to the company are verified.
- Responsible for supporting the Manager Procurement and Extension to mobilize farmers for training, demonstration activities, farmer field days, and supervision of service provision to farmers.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time by your immediate supervisor.
The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Science in Food Processing Technology or its equivalent from a recognized University. Diploma in Dairy Technology will be an added advantage from a recognized Institution. Trained in relevant ISO standards.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a similar position.
- Preferred experience working in food manufacturing industry and familiar with the Western Uganda milk shade.
- Computer Science knowledge/skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills.